Wednesday 15 October 2008

Susan's visit - Mount Tauhara


To continue our busy schedule, the day after our parachute jump (finished off by Susan going swimming and soaking in the hot pools while Seán and I went to the gym) we decided to walk up Mount Tauhara. This mountain is just outside Taupo and Seán and I had gone up it with Jeanine in January. Unfortunately the great weather hadn’t quite held so we weren’t anticipating great views from the top.

After just under an hour we reached the top and had a quick break before heading back down. Susan dashed off on the downward trip; trying to get off the mountain asap perhaps? I don’t think she’s going to forgive us for making her do that particular hillwalk! As we guessed, the views weren’t quite worth it but at least we’d seen as far as we could with the parachute jump the day before, and the exercise was good for us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I promise I was only mad at myself for being such a CROCK! and not with them - but it was a shame the weather had closed in. and embarrassing after struggling up the hill to find a family of little kids up there having climbed better than me - :-(